Autoresponder Software: How to Make Use of Autoresponders
by Herman Drost
If you have been following up on your contacts by hand and found it very time consuming then it's time to look at using autoresponder software.
An autoresponder should be part of your marketing arsenal.
How Autoresponder Software Works
An autoresponder delivers instantly by email. It can work for you 24 hours per day delivering information without being at your computer.
By placing your marketing message on your autoresponder customers can request information any time of the day and instantly have it in their mailbox. This will save you hours of manually filling out forms.
Uses of Autoresponder Sotware
Features of good autoresponder software.
- Follow up on customers - it's known that it takes at least 7 times to recontact a person before he buys your product. For example, you may be distracted when receiving the first message, but are then reminded by it in the follow up messages. Using the autoresponder, you can set up your follow up messages automatically at predetermined intervals e.g. a different message every 2 days for up to 20 days
- Newsletter - you can send out a sample of your newsletter automatically, to give people an idea of the information you share in it, so they will see the value of it and want to subscribe.
- Articles - you can distribute valuable content at your web site by automatically offering articles.
- Use in your email signature file - e.g. "send an email to email@example.com" . They will instantly receive your article without you having to lift a finger.
- In discussion lists and bulletin boards
- Autoresponder courses - a group of articles or information can be sent out separately over a period of time by email. - offer your course as a free bonus for purchasing one of your products or services. - Gain new leads by having people sign up and give you their contact information before they can receive your autoresponder course.
- In printed materials - you can leave your autoresponder address in a printed (or online) ad.
Free vs. Paid Autoresponder Software
- You get copies of each request thats made.
- Ad-free versions for a fee.
- Unlimited text length (though pre-formatting your message will help readers).
- Personalization available if name data is collected.
- Databasing of information.
- Automatic follow-up capabilities.
- You have control of your autoresponders.
- A firm policy on spam.
Free autoresponders often have ads incorporated in them and will have limited features, whereas paid autoresponders will charge you a monthly fee and will incorporate a full list of features. Suggestion - try both and see what works best for you.
Here are a few you can try: Aweber.com Getresponse.com Sendfree.com RoyalResponder.com
If you are serious about Internet Marketing, an autoresponder is a "must have" tool, especially for saving time in following up on all your customers.
Herman Drost is a Certified Internet Webmaster(CIW) and owner of iSiteBuild.com (http://www.isitebuild.com) Site Design, Hosting, Promotion Author of "Marketing Tips" newsletter. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org